Friday, December 25, 2009

Div overlays for myspace?

ok, so i know exactly how to make divs and everything. but i have a really bad code for it. it hides the bottum links and i've tried everything i could to get the bottum links back, but it wont work. so does anyone have a code that DOESNT hide the bottum links and works really well? PLEASE give me it. and dont try sending me the code to unhide the links. i've already tried that. thank you very much. add my site? why of course www.myspace.com/278807160. its called amour de citron. answer on here or on my myspace. thanks :]



Div overlays for myspace?

[Your profile is Private so I can not look at it]



However, I have done a lot of div overlay trouble shooting, and I know that almost all the code out there uses a strategy which forces the hiding of the bottom links.



The reason, is that they use a "Pick up and Plop back down" (otherwise known as absolute placement), to place the main div. When this is done, the rest of the page content, arranges itself as if the div was NOT there. This means if you do not hide the bottom links, they end up either behind your div, or on top of it (and possibly behind on one browser, and on top on another).



I have a div overlay strategy (and a tutorial) that does NOT hide the bottom links.



Instead of absolute placement, for the main div, it places it at a level, where it naturally centers itself, and pushes down the bottom links as it grows.



I have a few different tutorials, and multiple examples.



The best one depends on if you are using a core image or several floating divs, and what elements from the default content you want to display.



http://views-under-construction.blogspot...



I used this strategy here



http://www.myspace.com/queen_0h



and here:



http://www.myspace.com/red_friend



If changing div overlay strategies seems like too much work, it may be possible to recover the bottom links, and then place them at the bottom.



But to know how much effort this will take, I would need to see your profile.



Div overlays for myspace?

If your profile wasn't set to private, I may have been able to help you out with your layout problem. I need so see how %26amp; why it's hideing the bottom links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services